Roulette Online: Game Basics and Most Popular Strategies
A game similar to modern roulette came to us as early as the 18th century when lovers of watching the wheel spin gathered in the most sophisticated gambling establishments in Paris. This is one of the most popular gambling entertainment among Canadian gamblers.
Despite the simplicity of the rules, the game has its own secrets and nuances. In this guide, we have described all the popular strategies and bets in detail. Knowing them will make your roulette online experience even more interesting.
How to Play Roulette Online: Basic Game Rules
The basic rules of playing roulette online are no different from those of playing in land-based casinos. Some differences can only be in variations of the game.
Therefore, the classic roulette wheel contains 36 sectors. They are numbered randomly and are black and red (through one). Also, on the wheel, there is another green sector with the number 0.
The essence of the game is to guess which colour or number will fall out (depending on the player’s bet).
- The virtual croupier takes the bets, and the game begins.
- The croupier spins the wheel and rolls the ball.
- The sector where the ball landed wins.
- If the player wins, they receive additional chips. If the player loses, then the croupier takes all the bet chips.
- The player can bet on various outcomes of the game, including colour, number, group of numbers, and so on.
- You also decide how much to bet on a winning outcome.
- If luck smiles at you, you can take the winnings or continue the game by placing bets on other spins.
Understanding the Main Types of Roulette Betting
In the classic version of the game, as in roulette online, there are many bets to choose from. The punter can bet on one number or on a whole group of numbers. Below we have analyzed in detail all types of roulette wagers and their chances of winning.
Roulette Online: Inside Bets
Giving preference to internal bets (at least six numbers), the player deliberately reduces their chances of winning. However, the payouts at such rates are higher. The gambler can bet and place chips on one or the intersection between several squares.
- Straight. The player bets on one of the available numbers by placing chips in the square with the chosen number.
- Split. This is a bet on several numbers at the same time. The player places chips on the line separating these two numbers.
- Street. This is a bet on a whole series of three numbers.
- Six lines. The punter bets on six numbers, that is, two adjacent rows, placing the chips on the line between them.
- Corner. This is the player’s bet on four numbers. Chips are placed at the intersection of the lines of four squares.
- Trio. In this variant, the gambler bets on three numbers 0, 2 and 3 or on 0, 1 and 2.
- Basket. The player places chips on the numbers 0, 1, 2 and 3, indicating their bet.
35 to 1
11 to 1
5 to 1
6 to 1
Roulette Online: Outside Bets
This option of betting in online roulette is used by players most often. In all variations of the game, they are the same. However, only in the French version bets are in French.
- Black/Red (Noir/Rouge). This is a bet on a number of any colour.
- Even/Odd (Pair/Impair). The player bets on whether the number will be even or odd.
- Low/High (Manque/Passe). This is the gambler’s bet either on low numbers 1-18 or on high numbers – 19-36.
- Dozens (Douzaine). Everything is simple here. The player bets on the numbers 1-12, 13-24 or 25-36, that is, on dozens.
- Columns (Column). This is a bet on one of the three available columns (12 numbers).
Roulette Online: Announced Bets
This type of betting is also called French. Announced bets are considered to be some of the easiest in roulette online. They are located away from the main betting field and include:
- Zero Game (Jeu Zéro). The player bets on numbers that are close to 0.
- Third of the Wheel (Le Tiers du Cylindre). This is a bet on 12 numbers on one side of the roulette wheel (between numbers 27 and 33).
- Orphans (Orphelins). The player bets on 8 numbers located on different sides of the wheel.
- Neighbours of Zero (Voisins du Zéro). This is a bet on one number and two adjacent ones on the sides.
Payouts (Variant 1)
Payouts (Variant 2)
36 to 1
18 to 1
Third of the Wheel
27, 13, 36, 11, 30, 8, 23, 10, 5, 24, 16 and 33
17 to 1
17-34-6 and 1-20-14-31-9
35 to 1
17 to 1
Neighbors of Zero
22, 18, 29, 7, 28, 12, 35, 3, 26, 0, 32, 15, 19, 4, 21, 2 and 25
17 to 1
8 to 1
Odds of Winning Roulette
Even a beginner can understand the chances of winning roulette online. If there were no sector 0 on the wheel, then the presence of 36 fields would mean that the house edge is zero, and betting on red or black, even or odd, the player could win with a 50% probability. But this green sector plays an important role. This additional sector (in American roulette, it is sector 00) gives the casino a greater advantage. In the American version of the game, the player’s chances of winning are even less.
If a punter bets on one number, then the chances that they will win are minimal. This chance is 1:36 in the European version and 1:37 in the American version of the game. The player gets the best odds by choosing bets that cover half of all the numbers on the wheel. These include bets on colour or even/odd number and low/high bets.
Thus, the house edge in the European version of online roulette is 2.7%. This figure is almost twice as high in the American version and amounts to 5.26%.
Most Popular Roulette Strategies
Roulette online works on special software – a random number generator. Thus, it is impossible to intervene and fake the game results. Therefore, experienced gamblers have come up with several strategies that, if used correctly, can increase the chances of winning. We recommend studying and practising these strategies exclusively in demo mode. Remember that the game outcome largely depends on luck.
This is one of the most popular roulette strategies. The strategy works like this:
After each loss, the player doubles the initial bet. This allows you to win back the previous loss and get a profit equal to the player’s initial bet.
The inefficiency of this strategy lies in the fact that the past results of the game do not affect the future. For this reason, punters can lose so many times that they simply run out of money in their accounts.
Also known as the cancel system. According to this strategy, gamblers must decide how many times they want to beat the casino. Next, the player writes down all the numbers that make up this number.
Each time the player bets an amount equal to the last and first number in this list. If the gambler’s bet wins, they cross off two numbers from the list.
Having lost, the player writes the amount of the lost bet to the very end of the list. The game continues until you cross out all the previously written numbers from the list. Two outcomes are probable here: either the player wins, or the funds on the game account run out.
Another name for this rather popular system is the pyramid system. Its main goal is to reduce financial losses to a minimum. This strategy works as follows: after each win, the player adds one unit to the bet amount. After each loss, the player performs the opposite action, removing one unit from the bet amount.
Like the Martingale system, the pyramid system allows you to even out losses. However, the gambler is not required to double their bet after losing.
This roulette online system is based on the Fibonacci number sequence. Also often used in trading. The Fibonacci system is somewhat similar to the Martingale system. Following the Fibonacci sequence, the player doubles the bet every time they lose.
However, according to statistics, it is very rare to beat the casino using this strategy.
Instructions on How to Start Playing Roulette Online
You can start playing roulette online in just a couple of simple steps.
- Step 1. Choose a suitable online casino. Before practising and playing roulette online, you need to choose a reliable and safe online operator.
- Step 2. Choose a casino based on the size and conditions of the welcome bonus. Almost all gambling sites in Canada delight new customers with welcome bonuses. There is no reason to refuse this benefit, but we recommend first learning the wagering requirements.
- Step 3. Make a deposit to your gaming account. To make a deposit, use reliable and proven payment systems. Most Canadian online casinos offer a wide range of banking options, including cryptocurrencies.
- Step 4. Choose a game option and have fun. You can start playing after choosing the roulette online option that you like the most.
These Tips Will Save You from Loss
Even if you have learned the game rules and are a lucky player, there are no precautions to be taken. However, by following these tips, you can, if not increase your chances of winning, then definitely limit your financial losses.
- Tip 1. It is better to study the game and gain experience in demo mode.
- Tip 2. Prefer outside bets over inside bets.
- Tip 3. If you are a beginner, make small bets first.
- Tip 4. Choose only reputable licensed operators to play roulette online.
- Tip 5. Do not play while intoxicated or in a bad mood.
- Tip 6. Take a break from gambling from time to time.
FAQs about Online Roulette
Roulette, like any other game of chance, largely depends on your luck and not on skills and knowledge of secrets. The casino industry is designed in such a way that, although the player can win in the short term, the online operator will still win in the long term. You can increase your chances of winning by adhering to certain game rules.
Choosing the type of roulette online depends on the player’s personal preferences. If you are a beginner, experts recommend trying the French or European version. Live roulette is also very popular. But to play it, you need to practice first.
Many great gamblers and mathematicians have devised that winning strategy for years. However, in the end, there is only one conclusion: roulette online is a gambling game that depends on luck, not mathematical calculations.
Experts recommend giving preference to inside bets. Nevertheless, carefully study the betting options and the chances of winning before starting the game.